Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Form A Circle – Full Moon/Cleansing Rite

Full Moon / Cleansing Rite
I have no source info on this :(

Special tools:

  • Cauldron filled with salt water

Altar Devotion.
Cast the circle.
Invocation of the Goddess:

I greet the Lady and call upon thee
Mighty Mother of us all, bringer of all fruitfulness.
I ask you, Mother, to descend upon my circle
And reside within me, thy priest/ess.

Invocation of the God:

I call upon thee O Great Father,
Sun and Consort of the Mother,
Who brings her light and warmth.
Come forth Mighty Horned One.
Live now within the body of this thy priest/ess.

Cleansing:
Anoint forehead with salt water

"I cleanse my thoughts
That they might be pure and honest -
Grant that they always be pleasing
T
o the God and Goddess."

Anoint throat

"I cleanse my voice
That all that I say
Might be for good
And naught for ill or harm."

Anoint heart

I cleanse my heart that it might be open,
Giving and full of light.
Grant that I might give freely
Of my love and care to others."

Anoint hands

"I cleanse my hands
That I might use them
For workings of good,
To help and never to harm."

Anoint feet

"I cleanse my feet
That they might take me far in life,
That my journeys may be
Filled with love, light, peace
And the joy of the Goddess and God."

Meditation for a time.
Cakes and Wine (eating bread and drinking wine or juice to restore energies spent during ritual). Release the circle, thank the God and Goddess.

Disclaimer: No one involved in this blog or its contents may be held responsible for any adverse reactions arising from following any of the instructions / recipes on this list. It is the reader's personal responsibility to exercise all precautions and use his or her own discretion if following any instructions or advice from this blog

No comments: