Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday This Is Your Spell - Charge of the Dark Goddess

Samhain approaches quickly. This is the dark of the year, when the veils thin, and the dead rejoin us for one night. When the dark aspect of our Goddess is foremost. In honor of that I am presenting several versions of "The Charge of The Dark Goddess"...

* The Charge of the Dark Goddess * 
Source Unknown/No Longer Available
 

Wisdom and empowerment are the gifts of the Dark Goddess of Transformation. She is known to us as Kali, Hecate, Cerridwen, Lilith, Persephone, Fata, Morgana, Ereshkigal, Arianhrod, Durga, Inanna, Tiamat, and by a million, million other names:

Hear me child, and know Me for who I am.
I have been with you since you were born,
and I will stay with you until you return to Me at the final dusk.
I am the passionate and seductive lover who inspires the poet to dream.
I am the One who calls to you at the end of your journey.
After the day is done, My children find their blessed rest in my embrace.
I am the womb from which all things are born.
I am the shadowy, still tomb; all things must come to Me
and bare their
breasts to die and be reborn to the Whole.
I am the Sorceress that will not be ruled,
the Weaver of Time, the Teacher of Mysteries.
I snip the threads that bring my children home to me.
I slit the throats of the cruel and drink the blood of the heartless.
Swallow your fear and come to me,
and you will discover true beauty, strength, and courage.
I am the fury which rips the flesh from injustice.
I am the glowing forge that transforms your inner demons into tools of power.
Open yourself to my embrace and overcome.
I am the glinting sword that protects you from harm.
I am the crucible in which all the aspects of yourself
merge together in a rainbow of union.
I am the velvet depths of the night sky,
the swirling mists of midnight,
shrouded in mystery.
I am the chrysalis in which you will face that which terrifies you
and from
which you will blossom forth, vibrant and renewed.
Seek me at the
crossroads, and you shall be transformed,
for once you look upon my face,
there is no return.
I am the fire that kisses the shackles away.
I am the cauldron in which all opposites grow to know each other in Truth.
I am the web which connects all things.
I am the Healer of all wounds, the Warrior who rights all wrongs in their Time.
I make the weak strong.
I make the arrogant humble.
I raise up the oppressed and empower the disenfranchised.
I am Justice tempered with Mercy.
Most importantly, child, I am you.
I am part of you, and I am within you.
Seek me within and without, and you will be strong.
Know me.
Venture into the dark
so that you may awaken to Balance, Illumination, and
Wholeness.
Take my Love with you everywhere
and find the Power within to be
who you wish.

* Charge of the Dark Goddess *
by Morwynn

Listen to the words of the Dark Mother, who of old was called Hecate, Nuit, Morrigan, Banba, Erda, Macha, MotherNight, Sekhmet, and many other names:

Whenever you seek wisdom, at the time of the Darkening Moon,
come together in love and trust and learn of Me,
who is the Wisest of Crones...

Ye who search the mysteries of the Earth, the secrets of Air and Darkness,
of Blood and Fire, the silence of the uttermost stars,
come unto me,
and I
shall whisper to you in the depths of midnight.

Ye shall approach Me in silence,
and as a sign that ye are free from fear,
your breast you shall bare to My blade...
for fear has no place in My
mysteries,
and that which you seek of me will destroy you
if you fear it.

For I am the dolmen arch beyond which stretch the mysteries of infinity.
I am the silence before birth and after death.
I am the clouded mirror in which you scry your own soul.
I am mist in the twilight, the vast and starry sky of midnight,
shadows on
the Moon.
All things come to Me in the end, and yet I am the beginning of all.

I meet you at the crossroads, I lead you through the darkness,
My hand you
grasp in the passage between the worlds.
To those that toy with Me am I an instrument of self-destruction.
Yet to the
true seeker do I bring knowledge beyond mortal comprehension.
Of you shall I demand the utter truth of all that you are,
and in return
shall I give you all that you may be,
all that I am.

For My wisdom is beyond the Ages,
and knowledge of My Secrets is power over
self,
over fear, over death.

Nor do I demand aught of you which you cannot give.
For I am the Mother of Mysteries,
and as you know Me,
so shall you learn to
know yourself.

* Charge of the Dark Goddess *
by Shayla

The Dark Goddess speaks to us, Through the mouths of Lilith, Kali, Tiamet, Hekate, Nix, the Black Madonna, Nemesis and Morgaine.

I am the Darkness behind and beneath the shadows.
I am the absence of air that awaits
at the bottom of every breath.

I am the Ending before Life begins again,
The Decay that fertilizes the Living.
I am the Bottomless Pit,
The never-ending struggle
to reclaim that which is denied.

I am the Key that unlocks every Door.
I am the Glory of Discovery,
For I am that which is hidden, secluded and forbidden

Come to me at the Dark Moon
and see that which can not be seen,
Face the terror that is yours alone.
Swim to me through the blackest oceans
To the center of your greatest fears--

The Dark God and I will keep you safe.
Scream to us in terror,
and yours will be the Power to Forbear.
Think of me when you feel pleasure,
and I will intensify it,
Until the time when I may have the greatest pleasure
Of meeting you
at the Crossroads Between the Worlds.

* Charge of the Dark Goddess in Tribute to Hecate * 
Source Unknown/No Longer Available
 

Hear now, the words of Hecate, who comes forth
from her cavern of trickling
waters and baying hounds.
I am the eternal soul, the dark maiden,
the mother of night, and the patron
of witches.
Fear not my power, for I am justice, the keeper of the keys,
and the bearer
of ancient wisdom.
I come to you during the dark of the moon,
that I may lead you as your
soul's mirror.
My vision spans all directions,
as I walk the endless crossed
roads in darkness.
I travel between the worlds, yours and mine, my children,
that I may guide
you through the shadows of the Underworld.
As I stand on the edge of sanity, cloaked, veiled,
with glowing eyes and a
blazing torch,
my appearance is intense,
but you shall learn, my fearful
ones,
that it is I who brings you fairness and resolution.
It is I who protects you, my suffered children of the earth.
It is I who heals your wounds and makes you strong.
It is I, Hecate, Queen of the Underworld,
who charges thee by the light of
my love,
and harkens to your call in the winter
when the night is still.

Disclaimer: No one involved in this blog or its contents may be held responsible for any adverse reactions arising from following any of the instructions/recipes on this list. It is the reader's personal responsibility to exercise all precautions and use his or her own discretion if following any instructions or advice from this blog.

No comments: