Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday Make A – Bath Stuffs

Well, the holidays have been and gone. The tree is put away for another year. All the pretty, shiny, sparkly decorations are carefully packed away, awaiting November to roll back around so they can beautify your home once again. I always hate this part. My house looks so barren, so plain. I love the way everything is so pretty when the house is decorated for the Yule season. If I had my druthers, I’d druther the decorations stayed up year round! Maybe one of these days, when I become independently wealthy, I can dedicate a wing of my home to just Yule!
But for now, I am worn out, and a little bit saddened by the return to “normalcy.” So, here are a couple of things you can add the a nice, long, hot bath, to help revive yourself after all the hard work & tension of the days just past…

winter58blank

Bath Oil

  • 1 cup safflower oil
  • 1/2 cup lanoline
  • 1 dram sandalwood oil
  • 1 dram amber oil
  • 1 dram patchouli oil

Mix together to dissolve , cap tightly . Use to your liking .

Bath Salts

You'll Need:

  • 2 cups sea salt
  • 1/2 cup Epsom salt
  • 6 drops lavender essential oil
  • 4 drops orange essential oil
  • 3 drops ylang-ylang essential oil
  • large mixing bowl /NOT metal
  • plastic spoon
  • air-tight container

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in bowl. Mix well. Pour mixture into container.

To Use:
Pour 1/4 cup into warm bath

Yields 2.5 cups of Bath salt
* feel free to adjust amount of Essential Oils to suit.*

Disclaimer: No one involved in this blog or its contents may be held responsible for any adverse reactions arising from following any of the instructions/recipes on this list. It is the reader's personal responsibility to exercise all precautions and use his or her own discretion if following any instructions or advice from this blog.

No comments: