* Pasta with Smoked Cheese *
Found at ABI
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup julienne-cut raw, peeled sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano OR 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine noodles or whole wheat fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper strips
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Melt butter in large skillet. Add broccoli, mushrooms, sweet potato, shallots and oregano. Sauté about 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in whipping cream and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer to reduce cream slightly, stirring constantly. (Cream should cling to vegetables.) Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Add cooked noodles to vegetable mixture; toss gently to combine. Stir in roasted pepper strips. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Serve immediately.
***Perfect Pasta Hint: Improve your pasta dishes simply by adding a pat of butter to the pasta just after it's drained. Not only will this give your sauce extra body and flavor, but it will also help the sauce adhere to the pasta.
Yield: 6 servings.
Disclaimer: No one involved in this blog or its contents may be held responsible for any adverse reactions arising from following any of the instructions/recipes on this list. It is the reader's personal responsibility to exercise all precautions and use his or her own discretion if following any instructions or advice from this blog.